R.J., Portland, OR
- Customer Reviews & Comments
- "I've used your plugs for years as a musician and a motorcyclist. Great product.
Thanks!"R.W., Ocean Park, WA -
"Love your products! I have the Custom Noise Brakers for when I go to the shooting range."M.B., Cove Orchard, OR
- "I just received the Hocks Noise Braker Standards ear plugs and they are great! I put in the plugs, shot a shot gun, and banged the heads of two steel 2 lb. sledge hammers together, and never felt a bit of those high and fast noises. I am really impressed!"
D.H., - "Many years ago I worked at United Airlines and had form fitted earplugs made by Hocks. I am now retired but still wear them when I'm doing noisy woodworking and chainsaw work. I guess I could be a TV promo person for these earplugs! I still have great hearing, even after years of working in noisy environments. My regards, and I compliment your customer relations."
- Working in noisy environments, woodworking and chainsaw use
M.R.H., North Pole, Alaska
- Riding a motorcycle, operating noisy equipment
Darth Bling, Portland, OR (Darth has requested we use his name, rather than initials) - "As a roller derby referee, I'm subjected to extremely loud noises whenever I lace up my skates. The biggest culprit is our whistles, which are usually rated at 120dB or so. You can literally feel your inner ears rattling inside your head when you blow one of these whistles. And with seven referees on the track at one time, there's a lot of opportunity to get one of these whistles blown directly near your ear! Being protective of my hearing, I embarked on a search that would ultimately lead me to Hock's Noise Brakers. All I can say about these is, WOW!! These Noise Brakers work wonderfully! Unlike regular earplugs, which seem to mute and muddy everything you hear, the Noise Brakers preserve the sounds you hear while quieting only the loud noises. Whistle blasts still sound sharp and crisp, but are significantly quieter now. And I can still clearly hear my fellow referees during the middle of jams, even when the crowd and music is at it's loudest. These things are wonderful! I'm also less fatigued after a roller derby bout now, since I'm no longer inundated by all the loud noises. I also find it easier to concentrate too. Whether it's the blast from a Fox 40 whistle or the concussive crack from a .223 caliber rifle round, these earplugs perform beyond expectations!! I still have near-perfect hearing, and with Noise Brakers I will continue to keep it that way! Thanks!" L.J., Griggsville, IL
- - "I recently purchased a pair of your Custom Noise Brakers to use while riding my motorcycle. They are very comfortable to use all day. I was very impressed when I decided to use them at a friend's house during some construction. We were cutting some railroad ties with a chainsaw and some rebar with a 10" chop saw. As a test, I asked him to say something to me during both of these activities and, to my amazement, I heard him perfectly. He was equally amazed when I repeated back to him what he'd said, since he said he couldn't hear what he was saying. These things are great!!"
- Roller Derby Referee
- "I have now suffered from Menieres Disease for over 7 years. When I am going through bad episodes of Menieres, I have terrible vertigo. I can suffer for days afterwards from side effects. One of the side effects is an extra sensitivity to particular and loud sounds. This makes it difficult to do my work, where I often have to use loud power tools. Certain sounds are terrible to suffer through. I don't know why, but your Noise Brakers are the only ear protection that allow me relief so that I don't have to miss days of work. This makes the people I work for very happy as well as making me happy because I don't have to suffer from the side effects, as well as the disease. Thank you."J.A., OR
- "I suddenly developed Tinnitus and Hyperacusis in 1987. At that time I found out about Hocks Noise Brakers from the American Tinnitus Association. I had my first pair of Custom Noise Brakers made. That pair lasted until 1998, only because my purse was stolen with them in it. I had another custom pair made, which to this day (2012), I still wear. I can honestly say that I cannot live my life without them! To me, they are a vital necessity, just like a pair of glasses. With my Hyperacusis and Tinnitus I cannot tolerate loud noises and certain frequencies that other (normal hearing) people can. I wear my Noise Brakers in the car, bus, downtown city noise, restaurants, movies, traveling, musical performances, large family gatherings, and many otherwise noisy environments. Wearing them allows me to participate in the things I enjoy, and in sharing my life with friends and family. From the beginning I have found them easy to wear and very comfortable. I have tried other in-the-ear custom made noise reduction products, but none match the comfort, flexibility, quality, and decibel reduction of my Hocks Noise Brakers. Excellent product! Since they are so vital to me, I'm getting a backup pair. Keep up the great work! They are the best! I hope you are able to make this product forever!! Thanks!" S.W., Former Service Member, 2 Honourable Discharges, 2-time Veteran, Wilmer, Texas
- "Your Brakers offer me 90% relief in nearly every situation. After 25 years of suffering with hyperacusis, I can attest that your Brakers really work. Thank you!"